help spread the word about sickle cell disease
learn about the impact of sickle cell disease
find out about research for new treatments and a universal cure
To gather momentum in the fight against sickle cell disease by fostering connections among community-based organizations in the Northeast region.
Support overall SiNERGe project goals of identifying and connecting with providers who serve sickle cell patients in the Northeast region.
Ongoing collaboration among community-based organizations (CBOs) in the region.
Provide access to capacity-building expertise and resources for CBOs.
Work in collaboration with other initiatives (e.g. newborn screening grant) in order to provide comprehensive support to patients and providers
Wash hands often. Maintain social distance. Contact your health provider or health department with questions.
Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) in the Northeast
Participation in SiNERGe is open to community-based organizations (CBOs) in the Northeast Region. If you are a CBO (or know of one) in the Northeast, and are not listed below, please contact us!
- Citizens for Quality Sickle Cell Care*
- Sickle Cell Association of Delaware
- William E. Proudford Sickle Cell Fund Inc.
District of Columbia
- Faces of Our Children
- Sickle Cell Association of the National Capital Area Inc.
- Armstead-Barnhill Foundation for Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sickle Cell Association of Harford and Cecil Counties and the Eastern Shore*
- Christopher Gipson Sickle Cell Moyamoya Foundation
- Maryland Sickle Cell Disease Association*
- William E. Proudford Sickle Cell Fund Inc.
- Greater Boston Sickle Cell Disease Association*
- Sickle Cell Association of New Jersey*
- Candice’s Sickle Cell Fund
- Queens Sickle Cell Advocacy Network*
- Sickle Cell Awareness Foundation Corp International
- Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network*
- Children’s Sickle Cell Foundation Inc.*#
- SCDAA – Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter*#
- South Central Pennsylvania Sickle Cell Council*#
- Anemia Falciforme Sickle Cell Disease en Puerto Rico
- Life and Family Foundation Richmond (formerly Living with Sickle Cell RVA)
- Sickle Cell Association Inc.*
*Chapters of the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA)
#Members of the Pennsylvania Sickle Cell Disease Providers Network (PASCDPN)
SiNERGe stands for the Sickle Cell Improvement in the Northeast region through education. The SiNERGe project is managed by Principal Investigators (PIs) at Johns Hopkins, who work with Site Principal Investigators in thirteen states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, to improve access to high quality care for sickle patients.
Visit the Johns Hopkins site for information about the Principal Investigators and Site Principal Investigators for SiNERGe.
There are four regions in the United States with similar projects. Each region has its own principal investigators, objectives and goals.
SiNERGe is a U.S.-based initiative that includes thirteen states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- West Virginia
Just as the PIs and Site PIs are working together to improve care in the Northeast region, the SiNERGe CBOs are working collaboratively with each other and with the PIs in order to improve their capacity for serving the sickle cell community. CBOs are engaged in a range of activities, including advocacy, fundraising, education, direct services, and outreach. Through SiNERGe CBO, they share best practices across the region.
The William E. Proudford Sickle Cell Fund has been designated as the Lead CBO Coordinator. WEPSCF has responsibility for coordinating the activities of CBOs throughout the northeast region.
SiNERGe aims to work collaboratively with other state-wide and/or regional initiatives in order to better serve the sickle cell community. For example, SiNERGe focuses on providers, while the Newborn Screening Grant focuses on patients. Working in collaboration, the two initiatives can more effectively serve all stakeholders needed to ensure that patients have access to high-quality care throughout the Northeast region.
Contact our office to join SiNERGe CBO. We welcome any CBO serving the sickle community in the Northeast region. There is no fee associated with participating in SiNERGe CBO.
For the Principal Investigators (Physicians, Researchers):
Ms. Bailey House, SiNERGe Regional Collaborative Coordinator
601 N. Caroline Street, 7150A
Baltimore, MD 21287
For Community-Based Organizations:
Ms. Shelley Drasal, SiNERGe CBO Administrative Support
William E. Proudford Sickle Cell Fund Inc.
PO Box 42411
Baltimore, MD 21284