What is artSPEAKS?
The artSPEAKS Program encourages sickle cell kids of all ages and their families to share their creative talents with the world. Participants create powerful and compelling works that express the pain, struggles, triumphs and hopes of living with sickle cell disease and trait.
Who can participate in an artSPEAKS session?
- Children with sickle cell disease or trait
- Adults with sickle cell disease or trait and their children
- Family members, especially siblings, are encouraged to participate.
Where have artSPEAKS sessions been held?
- Nemours duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Georgetown Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Children’s National Health System, Washington, D.C.
- Howard University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Stomp Out Sickle Cell Annual Walkathon, Washington, D.C.
Who organizes artSPEAKS sessions?
artSPEAKS is a collaboration between the WEPSCF and Art with a Heart. Thank you to all of the arts organizations who have helped us bring artSPEAKS to the community.